What’s easier than 1-touch quick dial?
Myo Dialer was built from the idea that mobile devices make more sense with your Myo armband.
Simply assign a contact with a gesture combination and you will be able to make calls with a flick of a wrist. There’s no need to even take your phone out of your pocket.*
* Myo Dialer cannot be used to call emergency services such as 911 due to restrictions in Android. For your safety, please do not rely on this app to call emergency services.
Control your phone calls with the Myo armband — Myo Dialer lets you answer, end or reject calls, as well as toggle speakerphone and microphone with your hand.*
* Experimental feature. May not work on all phones.
Customize your experience — with Myo Dialer, you can start all calls on speakerphone and get your Myo to ring on incoming calls.
Get Myo Dialer on Android today!
Requires Android 4.3 or greater, BLE support and Myo armband with 1.1.4 firmware or greater.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Directly call phone numbers/read phone status and identity
- These are required to make phone calls and to detect incoming calls.
- Read your contacts
- This is required to get contact information for selected contacts.
- Disable your screen lock/prevent phone from sleeping
- These are required to answer incoming phone calls, when your phone may be locked or asleep. The app will not remove your lock screen password or keep your phone constantly awake.
- Full network access
- This is required by the Myo and the crash reports service. You may disable these in the app settings.
- Access Bluetooth settings/pair with Bluetooth devices
- These are needed to pair with the Myo armband.
- Change your audio settings
- This is needed to toggle the speakerphone and microphone during calls.
Myo Dialer was developed by Lloyd Torres (full-stack developer), Kevin Lo (back-end developer) and Brent Bisaillion (UI design) over 27 hours for an internal hackathon at Thalmic Labs, where it won the "App Most Likely to be #1 on Myo Market" category. The app was also developed with the help of Thalmic's software team.
Its design was inspired by the beautiful Material Design guidelines introduced by Google for Android 5.0 Lollipop. This allows Myo Dialer to blend seamlessly when it calls on native stock apps to obtain contact information or make calls to assigned contacts.
Myo Dialer will be continuously updated to improve performance, add features and support future Myo SDK releases.
On March 9th, 2015, Myo Dialer passed 1,000 downloads on Google Play.
Got a question, request or comment? Send me an e-mail!